Monday, September 24, 2012

Layers of Pain

I recently found out that a friend of a friend is going through something similar but wayyyy worse than what I went through.  :( My heart breaks for her, for her sweet little children and for her stupid husband. 

So many emotions I felt when the *$&^# hit the fan have come rushing back as I have thought about her situation and what is coming for her.  I was talking with my mom about it and it was interesting to reflect on the many different layers of pain we "lucky" women get to endure.

I actually found myself utter the words..."man I'm grateful for my own situation/husband's situation." 

I am reminded of just how deep my own wounds go and just how high my walls are.  :( 

I am grateful that no matter how deep my despair I was and am never alone.

Neither are you!

M

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Sorry for your friend having to experience worse. I am counting my own blessings as well that things are not worse off.

    I have so many layers of pain yet to work through, but I know I am not alone. I am glad I have that knowledge or else my life would be very ugly right now.

    ReplyDelete